lunes, 3 de agosto de 2015

Interview to Natasa Kovacevic

Interview to Natasa Kovacevic (20/05/1994) young player of Serbia, in September 2013 suffered the amputation of her left leg, after the serious accident he suffered the bus of his team Uni Györ



The first thing is not going to be a question, I want you to talk about your Foundation, so people can know more about it. How does it work?, How can clubs, players and people can collaborate?


After the accident I wanted to find a way to help young athletes. And I did. I established a foundation that carries my name. We have 4 goals:




1.     Aid and support for athletes that happen to be in a serious health problem

2.     Promoting the importance of Social Security as the result of protecting athletes in cases of adverse events

3.     Aid and support for young talents, not only in sport development, but also in gaining the right education

4. Promotion of women's sport, particularly women's basketball



After the accident a lot of people offered their support and they all helped me. With my foundation I have an opportunity to help someone else in need. If anybody wants to know more about the foundation they can visit this website : http://www.natasakovacevicfoundation.com/


At what age you started to play basketball and why did you choose this sport?

I started playing basketball when I was 8 years old. My mom always wanted for me to play volleyball since it is more feminine sport, but that year was 2002.Yugoslavia played World Championship in Indianapolis and we won a gold medal. I watched every match and just fell in love with the game.  After that no one could change my mind.


Who has taught you more basketball?

I learned something new from every coach during my career, I tried to “steal” the best in everybody. I would like to mention my first coach Zoran Jovanovic who showed me how to enjoy this beautiful game. Zoran Kovacic was a coach who gave me an opportunity to play for Serbian National team when I was very young. He believed in me. And Zoran Tir was my coach when I played for Vozdovac, basketball club from Belgrade where I spent my favorite years of playing. He taught me to fight for the things I want.


Who are the players you understood better on the court with?

I loved to play with really a lot of players and with most of them I had perfect communication on the court. If I have to extract somebody than it will be point guards  logically . Marija Prlja who played with me in Vozdovac and Aleksandra Stanacev who was my partner during a lot of years in the Serbian youth categories . Off course I loved playing with shooting guard Milica Ivanovic. I played with her in Vozdovac and in Gyor.  



Off the court, who is your best friend?
My best friend is my oldest childhood friend. Her name is Katarina Raicevic. Our mom’s knew each other and there is a story that they walked us together in trolley when we were babies. We went in the same class in Elementary school and in High School .She is a volleyball player on a college in USA now but even thou we are still inseparable. Besides my family she knows me the best and we never had one fight or a misunderstanding.   


Best player you have ever played against

All players from the legend game in Budapest. All of them are best players and all of them are remarkable people.

What would you do to promote women´s basketball?

We live in time of technology and the best way to promote woman’s basketball is by giving more space for it on TV . Falling in love with women’s basketball is easy – people only need to see it first.



What did you feel when Serbia won the Eurobasket Championship?

First you need to know that watching a basketball game is a lot harder then playing. I was very nervous before the final game. I am so happy that I had the opportunity to support them and watch them live from Budapest. I will admit ,at the end ,when the National anthem was played I cried.

 


Who is your favorite female basketball player?

Candace Parker



Who is your favorite female basketball coach?


NATALIA HEJKOVA



What is your favorite sport after basketball?

Tennis



Which basketball game will you let your children or grandchildren watch?

They can watch any game they want, but under one condition. If they laugh and make fun of my looks I will have to ground them

 
Favorite food:  Pancakes                           

Favorite drink:  Water   

A place to travel: Paris, New York

Favorite movie: A walk in the clouds , Fast and furious,Lord of the rings

Singer orMusicGroup: Djordje Balasevic, Rihanna                         

Last book you read: Peaceful warrior by Den Millman

A word that defines you: Patience

An important person in your life: My brother Ivan Kovacevic

Other sport you like to practice: Lying in bed 

 

You are very close to your dog, tell us about him:
 I wanted a dog since I was very small but my mom never wanted to buy me one because we live in an apartment. A month before I had to move to Hungary I bought this amazing little dog. Her name is Dona I fell in love instantly. Now she is the most important household and even my mom adores him now.



A month and a half after your tragic accident, when you were still in the hospital, you went to the gym to shoot the basketball. Did you have your doctors permission? What was the reaction of doctors, parents and friends when you told them that you wanted to go to shoot the basketball?

I didn’t have a permission from doctors. They didn’t even know I was out of the hospital.I went to see my fitness coach Bogdan Stanojkovic,  who I have to say ,made me practice  in my hospital bed! My brother made a photo of me shooting on the basket and I posted it online. People had amazing comments!

 


What memories do you have of the match played in tribute to you, to Fuzos Aki and Tapodi Peter, Uni Gyor and CrvenaZvezda?
I will never forget that game! It was amazing and I was so happy that many people came to give their support to Akos, Peter and me. I will once again thank mr. Nebojsa Covic and basketball club Red Star for organizing this game and of course Gyor who came to Belgrade. The game was played in my home town and that is something very special for me.
 

In that game they gave you hundreds of stuffed toys, what did you do with all of them?
Wow, that gift was truly incredible! Some of stuffed toys I took for myself and others I gave to a Foster home for kids. 

Basketball French Federation has shown you all the support from the very first day. Did you have any relationship with them before? Did you get help from another Federation as much as you did from the French one?

Once again I would like to thank French Federation for everything they did for me-and they did a lot. Of course I had a lot of help from Serbian Federation too! Mr. Dragan Djilas supported me from the beginning and he is still supporting me and that means a world for me.


How did you feel when you get back on the court during the All Star Legends?

I felt truly amazing. It was incredible! Only being on the same court as all of these legends was such an honor for me. I can say that definitely I played the game of my dreams. 


When you were hospitalized, your friends brought your dog for you to see him in the hopital. What were your reaction when you see your dog in your room?

I was extremely happy when I saw my dog. My dad was always beside me, in the hospital and Dona was alone in my apartment. Luckily my neighbors were so good that they took him for a few days. I am very grateful for that. Funny thing is that Dona drove home with me in an Ambulance car which is forbidden.



How did your parents react the day you told them you were going to skydiving?

They were not happy. My mom was soooo scared that day before the jump she begged me not to go . My brother was with me and he was the one waiting for me on the ground. When I landed he immediately called my parents. Luckily everything went perfect and I got unforgettable memory. 
 

Here are some questions, several basketball players and coaches have wanted to ask you:



Pedro (Ibaizabal ST. Manager): Do you feel someone has failed you after the accident or on the contrary, you have received sincere support from someone you didn´t expect to?

I did not have too much expectations, so it only showed me that my family is always with me, in every step of the way. Also, all the support is priceless since it gave me so much confidence and strength.



Moses (AROS León, coach): What are your concerns at present? What prospects of your life have changed? Whatwouldyouliketo do in basketball?

I am focused on my education, so there lays most of my concerns. Since I am still Young, I do not plan to far and I try to live each day to the fullest.



Karla Costa (Americana):How do you find so much joy in life after having this tragic accident being so young? I see after what happened you are still a very happy and cheerful girl.

Nothing is really changed. I am still the same girl, still chasing same dreams. All that happened is part of life, and I try to live it in my own way. It is just how I am raised.






LinoLópez (Universitario de Ferrol, Coach): Your attitude, strength and positivism helps many people and sportmen and also make them value the importance things in life, just like your love for basketball. What kind of advice would you give to young girls who dream of playing professional basketball?

Play sports. It will show you your character and it is the most important thing in life. To know yourself. If you really want something, chase it and never give up.




ArantxaMallou (Sporting Lisboa): How basketball has influenced in your life after the accident?

Basketball raised me, so I can proudly say that the way I am dealing with my situation is mostly because of basketball. Things I learned on the court transfer on everyday life. Things like fighting, patients, never giving up etc. That’s why playing sports is important.



Norberto de la Mata (Communication Director of C.B.Bembibre): How can an athlete mentalizing after an accident as serious as yours and still remain as fighter?
I guess it depends on personality, but it’s important to have right people beside you-right kind of support. You need to be patient and to see positive sides of everything. 



Celia Menéndez (C.B.Leganés):Honestly I don´t have any question… But I really would love to show you all my support and encourage and tell you that you are a fighter and a champion.
Thanks a lot.



Yaiza Rodriguez (Boise State, NCAA): Which is your best anecdote in European or World Championships? Which is your closest personal goal?

I do not have any special anecdote, it is mostly funny stuff that happens in a locker room.
Closest personal goal is to finish faculties. 




DanielaPeteva (Montana 2003): How can you be always so positive?

What do you do to always have that spirit?

What is the formula to keep fighting and move forward?

As I said, it is a matter of personality. It is just how I am, there is no secret formula. I have right people beside me who push me forward when I need some help and that’s pretty much all.



  Juana Molina (Ibaizabal ST): I followed your story closely and i believe that when you set your mind on something, you always gets it. So, what is your next goal?
 Like I said my main focus are my two faculties. I want to finish them in time. After that who knows what will happen,right now I am living in the present just enjoying every moment of my life.



Lucía Méndez (C.B.Clarinos): You are an example of self-improvement. What is the reason for that force and fight, when the easy thing would be to fall apart?

It is not about taking the easy path, but creating one for yourself.  I firmly believe that the heart will guide you through all difficulties, and that the answer is in you.



Beatriz Fernández (C.B.Almería): What is essential for you in life?

Love and happiness.


Clara Arxil (Team U15, C.B Arxil): ¿How are your training after the accident?
 Normally. Everything is the same, and I am adapting to my new leg as it is suspected.



Mingo Díaz (Gran Canaria, Coach): Honestly, after how hard what happened was, did basketball help you overcome it?

It was hard, but I look and it as just the part of my life. Quickly I was able to focus on the future and my education. Things I learned in basketball helped me very much. Things like fighting, patients, never giving up etc. That’s why playing sports is important


Sara Vujacic (TSV 1880 Wasserburg): I would ask her from where she's having such a strength and everything to staying so positive all the time. She is really true inspiration to me

 Mostly from my family. They are the ones who are giving me positive energy and the ones who push me forward. My close friends are a little bit crazy, as I am, so I really don’t have time to be negative. Life is beautiful and I do my best to enjoy every second of it. Thanks for kind words. 



PelagiaPapamichail(Olympiakos): Besides the obvious feelings of pride and happiness for the women's Serbian national team winning the European championship, was there any time during the final or throughout the tournament that you felt you belonged on the floor?

Playing for nation team is such an honor, it is truly an everlasting moments the unity and comradery and I certainly cherish my moments. It is harder to watch the game, than to play it, so I was ready to jump into play in any time. I was training hard and I think I was on my way to achieve my greatest wish. What happened is now behind me and I didn’t feel like my place was out there on the court. I came there to support them and I am happy that I did. 



Aulani Sinclair (Aros Leon): I remember Natasa. I was playing in Hungary when the accident occurred.

I do not have any questions for Natasa.

But I think it is amazing what she has over come. And i think it is great how she is an ambassador for young people and can still use her love for the game in a positive way, and is someone that younger athletes can look up toward.

Thanks a lot.



Artemis Spanou (Uni Girona): I'm sure that there are moments that she misses the game of basketball the way she could play before the accident. How is she able to stay motivated and always think positive about things?

I guess it depends on personality, but it’s important to have right people beside you-right kind of support. You need to be patient and to see positive sides of everything. Life is beautiful and I do my best to enjoy every second of it. My friends and my family are the ones who motivate me and the ones who are pushing me forward

 
Iva Ciglar (UE Sopron) Who is your idol? And your basketball idol?

I am always trying to be myself, so I don’t have an idol. I try just to be me.
Milos Teodosic. He really feels the game and plays by heart-that is the main reason I like him as a player. Of course he is an amazing tree point shooter and he is not afraid to take responsibility when it’s needed






Dejan Ignjatović (http://www.kosarka24.rs/): where make the best pancakes?  
Ooo good question and I am ready to tell you this secret. There is a little bakery across my high school where I graduated and they have the best pancakes in the world. During 4 years of high school I practically  lived there :)



What memories do you have when you got all the basketball players video from everywhere sending you all these messages of support?
It is a great feeling. Support means a lot to me, and I feel joy everytime I watch video. It helped me to find inner courage in some difficult moments. I cherrish it very much.






What these names suggest you:


Maya Moore: Winner

Sue Bird: Floor commander

Candace Parker: Style

Sylvia Fowles: Wits

MariaVadeeva: Great talent

Sonja Petrovic: Patience

Ana Dabovic: Court vision

Marica Gajic: Fighter

Dejan Bodiroga: Maestro

Vlade Divac: Living legend

Jean-Pierre Siutat: Big heart

Branka Lukovic: Partner in crime 

Ana Radovic: Great friend

Jelena Stankovic: Honest

Ivan Kovačević: Monkey

Vukasin Kovačević: Big papa

Milica Ivanovic: Vino



Last question, what would you tell people that think that female basketball is not basketball?

To go and watch one game. Then they will see how beautiful it really is.

Video Natasa in All Star Legends

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario